TWRA offers non-resident hunting, fishing licenses


The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is making certain fishing and hunting licenses available to people who don’t live in the Volunteer State but were born here, at the same price as resident licenses.

The Native Tennessean licenses allow regular hunting/fishing/trapping licenses to be purchased at the same cost as residents for people who were born in Tennessee but don’t currently live in the state.

 A complete list of the licenses can be viewed on the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Website at

Nonresidents must apply for the Native Tennessean licenses on an annual basis. First time applicants must provide valid current photo identification, a certified birth certificate showing the applicant was born in Tennessee and/or the parents’ address was in Tennessee at the time of birth as shown on the certified birth certificate, Photocopies will not be accepted. First time license applicants may send the materials to: TWRA, Licensing Division, P.O. Box 41729 or at any of TWRA’s four regional locations in Jackson, Nashville, Crossville, and Morristown.

For returning applicants, they just have to return the application. It can be mailed to the same addressed, or returned by or by fax: (615) 837-4262. Renewal applications can also be made at any of TWRA’s four regional offices.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter