JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man was charged with killing his girlfriend after he initially told deputies he accidentally shot her, authorities said.
Adam Joseph Decker, 34, was arrested Sunday and charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 30-year-old girlfriend Kristi Calli Breland, news outlets reported.
Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal said Decker called 911 and said he accidentally shot his live-in girlfriend.
When deputies arrived, they found Breland dead in the kitchen and Decker in the dining room.
Graybeal said Decker later admitted to shooting Breland during an argument. Investigators also found evidence suggesting a violent domestic dispute took place before the shooting.
It’s unclear whether Decker had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
- Virtual concert to raise money for East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- Sevier Co. mayor extends mask mandate through April 15
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- Greenville Co. teacher receives award after helping student call 911 over unresponsive mom
- Tips from a pro photographer on how to get the ultimate Instagram-worthy shot