JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man was charged with killing his girlfriend after he initially told deputies he accidentally shot her, authorities said.
Adam Joseph Decker, 34, was arrested Sunday and charged with first-degree murder in the death of his 30-year-old girlfriend Kristi Calli Breland, news outlets reported.
Washington County Sheriff Ed Graybeal said Decker called 911 and said he accidentally shot his live-in girlfriend.
When deputies arrived, they found Breland dead in the kitchen and Decker in the dining room.
Graybeal said Decker later admitted to shooting Breland during an argument. Investigators also found evidence suggesting a violent domestic dispute took place before the shooting.
It’s unclear whether Decker had an attorney who could comment on his behalf.
- WWII flag stolen from city hall amid Nevada protest returned
- Dolly Parton wrapping up bedtime reading series Thursday
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Well-coordinated thieves capitalize on protest chaos
- Drew Brees’ anthem comments draw backlash from teammates, others