GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) – A driver on Interstate 81 in Greene County was pulled over Wednesday after a trooper clocked him going 124mph in a 70mph zone.
According to a report from the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the driver, identified as Long Kim Le Nguyen, 28, of Kenneth City, Florida, was traveling north on I-81 when the trooper pulled him over.
THP reported the driver had no excuse for speeding and that when the trooper asked him where he was going, “he stated to a restaurant to eat.”
Le Nguyen was taken to the Greene County Jail where he was booked on a charge of reckless driving.
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Judo champion from Kansas City foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Watch Live: Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs testify on social media protections amid censorship claims
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus