CROSSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol has released statistics following a sobriety checkpoint in Crossville on Friday.
The city teamed up with the safety office, Crossville police and the Cumberland County Sheriff’s office for the event.
According to the Tennessee Highway Safety Office, 37 officers checked over 540 cars. 18 citations were given out and one DUI was issued.
- Knoxville police say some crime rates down amid the pandemic
- Special ‘Tiger King’ episode hosted by Joel McHale will air Easter Sunday
- Oak Ridge Farmers Market returns this weekend with social distancing precautions
- ‘Everybody is very scared’: The struggle to keep apart on subway
- In a test of faith, Christians mark Good Friday in isolation