JACKSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — Tennessee Highway Patrol troopers helped locate a stolen plane in Jackson County last week.
The THP’s criminal investigations division with assistance from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department were investigating a burglary report from July 2019 and among the items stolen was an unregistered or unknown registration aircraft. The plane was last known to be on a custom trailer for transport, according to the THP.
Investigators led a coordinated effort with the Tennessee Department of Revenue and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, resulting in THP Trooper Jeff Phann locating and recovering the aircraft in Putnam County on Oct. 1.
The THP said investigators are continuing to follow up on additional leads.
- TBI: 70-year-old man considered armed and dangerous in double homicide
- Knoxville mother loses two children to gun violence in less than two years
- KCSO: 1 dead, 1 injured in West Knox shooting
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats