KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Highway Patrol said Friday night that an evening crash along Interstate 40 westbound involved a trooper.
According to THP, the THP patrol unit was traveling west on I-40 near the Bridgewater/Walker Spring/Gallaher View roads exits when contact was made by another vehicle from the rear.
Charges are pending against 18-year-old driver who hit the trooper vehicle.
Two lanes were closed during the crash investigation and people were transported to the hospital.
Minor injuries were noted by THP officials.
The crash occurred around 7:45 p.m. Friday. Officials expect the crash investigation to clear by 9:45 p.m.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more about this incident and will update as additional details are made available.
- ‘Today we did it’: Biden celebrates 200-million-doses of COVID-19 vaccine in his first 100 days
- WATCH LIVE: Mayor Kincannon responds to release of bodycam video of officer-involved shooting at Austin-East
- Floyd verdict brings cautious ‘sliver of hope’
- Final round of ‘Jeopardy!’ guests hosts announced — including a fan favorite
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say