KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Fourteen people are now dead from COVID-19 this month, according to the Knox County Health Department.
On Monday, the Health Department reported two more deaths and 165 new COVID-19 cases, that’s a 1.17 percent increase in the total case count. It’s the first time since October 16 that three or more deaths have been reported at once.
There are 75 Knox County residents currently hospitalized due to COVID-19, six more than reported Sunday. There are 754 probable cases listed on the Health Department dashboard.
KCHD has reported 120 coronavirus-related deaths since the pandemic hit Knox County in March, 115 of those have happened since July 2.
November is on track to become one of the deadliest for Knox County since the pandemic began.
- November: 14
- October: 21
- September: 26
- August: 19
With 70 new active cases reported Monday, the Knox County active cases count grew to 1,479. The total inactive case count is now 13,466 after 92 new inactive cases were reported on Monday.
Of the 14,310 total confirmed Knox County cases reported since the pandemic began, 503 of them have resulted in hospitalization.
AS of Sept. 4, KCHD reports “inactive” cases instead of “recovered” cases. Inactive cases include those who are 14 days or more beyond their illness onset date or, for asymptomatic cases, their specimen collection date. This is in alignment with the Tennessee Department of Health.
KCHD updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. Visit covid.knoxcountytn.gov for more information. Press briefings by the Knox County Health Department are on Tuesday and Thursday. Briefings begin at 12:30 p.m.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party