NEW YORK CITY (WATE) — When confetti falls on New York City’s Times Square this Thursday it will include thousands of wishes from people around the world.
A Wishing Wall set up in Times Square and another online invited people to submit their goals and dreams for the new year. Those wishes are being printed onto the actual confetti that will be dropped on revelers at midnight this New Year’s Eve.
A test of the multi-colored confetti’s “airworthiness” is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday from the marquee of the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square.
The deadline to submit wishes has passed, but you can get an early start on wishing for 2022.
Wishes can also be shared on Twitter and Instagram using the #ConfettiWish hashtag.
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- TBI issues Endangered Child Alert for West TN teen