UNICOI, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is investigating a boating incident on Douglas Lake that sent two women to the University of Tennessee Medical Center Sunday afternoon.
TWRA says that 20-year-old Halie Padgett and 22-year-old Kaeley Gose had boarded an inner tube to be pulled by a rental boat operated by 21-year-old Hannah Wyrick.
Before getting started, Padgett and Gose were both struck by the boat’s propeller, causing serious injuries.
Both women were transported to UT Medical Center in Knoxville.
This incident remains under investigation.
- Why millions of people could lose Medicaid next month
- Recession chances have jumped, JPMorgan strategists say
- Auto experts push back on legislation to raise speed limit on TN roads
- DeSantis on Trump’s nickname for him: I kind of like it, ‘it’s got a lot of vowels’
- Massive seaweed belt still on track to hit US: When will it arrive?