UNICOI, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is investigating a boating incident on Douglas Lake that sent two women to the University of Tennessee Medical Center Sunday afternoon.
TWRA says that 20-year-old Halie Padgett and 22-year-old Kaeley Gose had boarded an inner tube to be pulled by a rental boat operated by 21-year-old Hannah Wyrick.
Before getting started, Padgett and Gose were both struck by the boat’s propeller, causing serious injuries.
Both women were transported to UT Medical Center in Knoxville.
This incident remains under investigation.
- KPD investigating fatal shooting in East Knoxville
- Board of Health extends alcohol curfew, allows social gathering limit to expire
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- ‘This virus will find you even if you think it won’t’: Tri-Cities mother shares story of daughter’s battle with COVID-19
- Acting Homeland Security Secretary hops on ATV and tours border barrier