On Monday, Knoxville Police identified the three victims from Sunday morning’s deadly crash near the I-40 ramp to Weisgarber Road. Jessiah Plemons, 31, of Lenoir City, 25-year-old Lillian Rose of Maryville and 23-year-old Madison Davis of Knoxville have been identified as the victims who died from the crash around 3 a.m. Sunday.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Around 3 a.m. Sunday morning, Knoxville Police officers responded to a fatal crash on the ramp from I-40 West to Weisgarber Road.
Crash Reconstruction investigators report that a Dodge pickup was traveling on the exit ramp when it left the roadway and struck a guardrail, it’s three occupants then got out of the vehicle. As they were standing next to it, a Chevrolet pickup struck the Dodge and the three people, according to the preliminary investigation. All three were pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD says that the driver of the Chevy was removed from the truck and taken to an area hospital. The crash is still under investigation by KPD.
- Heupel: ‘We love being in Knoxville, that’s home for us’
- Where else to see beautiful views of Smokies now that Clingman’s Dome Road is closed for winter
- Heavy law enforcement presence returns to Beech Creek to search for Summer Wells
- Police: 3 injured in East Knoxville shooting
- As Omicron variant gains ground abroad, vaccines more important than ever in TN
This is a developing story. Download the WATE 6 News app for updates sent to your phone.