KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Multiple temperature violations and a lack of food safety concern has left Sullivan’s Downtown on Broadway in Maryville with a lot to think about before re-inspection.
Sullivan’s Downtown, 121 W, Broadway Ave., Maryville – Grade: 67
With a score of 67, Sullivan’s Downtown on W. Broadway failed their health inspection. They needed a 70 to pass.
The inspector checking proper food temperatures found Feta cheese, cut leaf greens, sliced chicken and other food at 51 degrees. These foods are supposed to be sitting at 41 or lower to slow and kill bacteria growth. That food was all thrown out.
There was also spinach thawing in standing water when it should have been thawing in the refrigerator. This can lead to easy bacteria growth.
In total, 16 pounds of prepped food was thrown away.
The inspector also watched the grill cook handle tortillas and cooked shrimp without wearing gloves. A re-inspection at Sullivan’s Downtown is expected soon.
Top scores for the week:
- The Phoenix Pharmacy and Fountain, 418 Gay St. – Grade: 100
- Jason’s Deli, 133 N. Peters Rd. – Grade: 100
- The Public House, 212 Magnolia Ave. – Grade: 100
- The Lunchbox, 1225 E. Weisgarber Rd. – Grade: 100
- Subway, 3505 Sutherland Ave. – Grade: 100
- Burger King, 2550 Veterans Blvd., Pigeon Forge – Grade: 100
- Bojangles, 12300 Highway 72 North, Loudon – Grade: 100
- Shoney’s, 120 Sharon Dr., Dandridge – Grade 100