KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A babysitter charged with criminally negligent homicide in the drowning deaths of twin toddlers in court Friday.
- Children’s Hospital: Second twin dies after being pulled from pool
- Parents of Knoxville twins who drowned last year sue babysitter
- Babysitter indicted for homicide after twins drown in Knox County
Jennifer Salley was the owner of Om Baby, a home daycare in Knoxville.
In July of 2018, the victims were found in the deep end of a swimming pool last June.
The toddlers’ parents have filed a lawsuit against Salley, claiming she failed to make the swimming pool inaccessible and failed to properly supervise the children.
Salley’s next court date will be Feb. 13.
We will continue to follow this story and update you online and on-air as we learn more.
- Next step toward building new animal shelter in Monroe County tabled
- Michigan teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- Coronavirus: KPD informing bars, restaurants about new health regulations
- Sevier County rental cabin fire extinguished before spreading to surrounding woods
- TBI cold case update: Others may have been involved in 2010 murder of Monroe Co. election commissioner