WASHINGTON (WATE) – Wednesday, Senator Marsha Blackburn introducing a bill that would punish states over undocumented immigrants having driver’s licenses.
According to Blackburn’s office, the, “Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act” would block certain federal funds to sanctuary states.
Including those that, “defy federal immigration enforcement or that allow illegal aliens to get driver licenses without proof of lawful presence.”
“While Tennessee and many other states prohibit driver licenses for illegal aliens, a growing number of states are moving in the opposite direction and unleashing dangerous open borders policies.”
“Immigrants must follow the proper federal process and obtain citizenship or lawful status before obtaining a state driver license.”Senator Marsha Blackburn
In announcing the bill, Blackburn referencing the death of 22-year-old Pierce Corcoran in a head-on collision on Chapman Highway back in December of 2018.
The other driver in that crash, Franco Francisco Eduardo was an undocumented immigrant.
Eduardo was charged with criminally negligent homicide and then ordered to leave the country.
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead in Kansas
- Titans Week: Getting healthy before a big battle with the Steelers
- Veterans: Your free breakfast awaits at Shoney’s on Veterans Day
- Alabama runs away from Tennessee 48-17
- TN Dept of Health: 2,574 new COVID-19 cases, 2,110 new recoveries