KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Boys & Girls Clubs of Dumplin Valley confirm one of their clubs will be temporarily closed after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
Officials say that a staff member of the Newport Club tested positive Tuesday night, prompting the club to close for the next three days, and will reopen next Monday.
All staff members are being tested for COVID-19 Wednesday. Staff at all clubs are required to wear a mask on-site, while club members are being encouraged to follow suit.
“Safety is our number one priority, like I said, and we just want the community of Newport that we will be there. We’ll be back open on Monday and we’ll continue to serve kids the best we can.”Executive Director Josh Yarbrough
The Boys and Girls Club joined in the call for people to remember those core actions: Washing hands, wearing masks and social distancing.
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Health reports over 126K total cases, along with over 1,200 deaths
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new deaths, 132 new recoveries
- Hawkins County extends mask mandate through August 29
- Tennessee defends COVID-19 response to oversight chair
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- No vote on restricting gathering sizes at Knox County Board of Health’s Aug. 12 meeting
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Cases rise by 1,478 and deaths are up 18 in state’s COVID-19 report
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports benchmark improvements Wednesday
- Tennessee store clerk attacked over mask: ‘They determined it was best to let me go’
- Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine
- 2 men charged for throwing party at ‘The Fashion House’ in East Nashville
- More than 800 students in one Georgia school district quarantined after 1st week of classes
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from mild COVID-19, then his organs began to fail
- 14-year-old contracts COVID-19, ‘I thought I was going to die’