TOWNSEND, Tenn. (WATE) – The annual Cades Cove Loop Lope is going on as planned this year, with a few extra precautions in place.
Friends of the Smokies made that announcement Wednesday morning.
Only 750 people will be allowed to sign up for the in-person 5K and 10K this year. Organizers shared they plan to follow CDC guidelines to avoid the spread of COVID-19. There will also be a virtual race option available.
Registration opens at 10 a.m. Thursday on looplope.org.
That race is Nov. 8 and all the proceeds from the race will go towards the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Rapid COVID-19 tests coming to Tennessee, along with a few questions
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- Health Board discusses County Commission resolution, votes to extend 11 p.m. curfew
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Friday Frenzy Week 6 Player of the Week: Morristown-Hamblen East Cole Henson