TENNESSEE (WATE) — Comcast announced a grant to support Tennessee veteran colleges in celebration of the United States military.
Comcast awarded a $30,000 grant to six community colleges in East Tennessee.
The grant is specifically to schools that have been designated as veteran education transition support campuses or have a substantial veteran student enrollment.
The grant supports veterans by supplying enrolled veterans with laptops to help them complete their coursework and with post-graduation job searches.
The six community colleges are:
- Chattanooga State
- Cleveland State
- Pellissippi State
- Northeast State
- Roane State
- Walters State
- ‘Everybody loved that little boy’: Sumner County volunteer firefighters honor toddler killed in accidental shooting
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Cases up 2.9% to 50,140
- WATCH LIVE: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek