TENNESSEE (WATE) — Comcast announced a grant to support Tennessee veteran colleges in celebration of the United States military.
Comcast awarded a $30,000 grant to six community colleges in East Tennessee.
The grant is specifically to schools that have been designated as veteran education transition support campuses or have a substantial veteran student enrollment.
The grant supports veterans by supplying enrolled veterans with laptops to help them complete their coursework and with post-graduation job searches.
The six community colleges are:
- Chattanooga State
- Cleveland State
- Pellissippi State
- Northeast State
- Roane State
- Walters State
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- 2 Knox County commissioners co-sponsor resolution to limit power of board of health
- Tennessee reports 942 new COVID-19 cases, 1,801 new recoveries
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments