KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Crews on Wednesday pulled up the helicopter that crashed into the Tennessee River, which killed a member of a prominent East Tennessee family.
Joe Clayton, co-founder of Clayton Homes and Clayton Automobiles, died in that crash Monday night.
Also on board the helicopter, Jim Clayton, Jim Clayton’s grandson, and a family friend; those three were able to survive and escape the crash.
On Wednesday, crews dredged up the helicopter out of the water.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the crash and there are still a lot of questions remaining about this incident; including what caused it, and who was piloting the helicopter at the time of the crash.
- Rapid COVID-19 tests coming to Tennessee, along with a few questions
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
- Health Board discusses County Commission resolution, votes to extend 11 p.m. curfew
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- Friday Frenzy Week 6 Player of the Week: Morristown-Hamblen East Cole Henson