KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A dog is being treated for injuries after officers believe it was thrown off the overpass near the I-640 interchange over Papermill Drive Friday morning, according to Knoxville Police Department.
KPD reports that just before 10 a.m., the Animal Control Unit received a call that a dog fell off one of the highway ramps near the 640 interchange over Papermill Drive.
The police department believes that the dog was thrown from the overpass by an unknown suspect.
KPD says that the dog, a seven-month-old husky is being treated at Young-Williams Animal Center.
If anyone has any information about the dog, its owner and/or this incident, please call 865-215-8639.
Young-Williams Animal Center says that the puppy will be healing in foster care for several months.
If you are considering surrendering your pet, we can help. Please contact email@example.com.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Keyen Green looks to bring energy and intensity to Lady Vols
- Watts Bar shuts down nuclear reactor for scheduled maintenance
- Gatlinburg shares bear safety advice as part of Bearwise Week