KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Former Lady Vol and WNBA player Kara Lawson has been hired as the next head coach for Duke Women’s Basketball on Saturday.
Lawson was previously working within the Boston Celtics organization as an assistant coach.
Lawson played for the Lady Vols from 1999 to 2003, and in the WNBA for 12 years.
She has won an Olympic Gold Medal, a WNBA title, competed in the NCAA Final Four and won two high school state championships.
- Titans coach still waiting for chance to work with Beasley
- UConn becomes 1st FBS program to cancel football over virus
- SEC announces new preseason football practice schedule
- Greeneville High School football cancels first game of the season, multiple players test positive for COVID-19
- Cardinals catcher Molina tests positive for COVID-19; names of other infected players released