KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — FBI Knoxville says to beware of a “new twist on an old scam.”
The FBI says that scammers are scaring victims by telling them their child was arrested for a DUI after a serious crash.
The scammers then pose as the child and attorney to demand bail in cash due to COVID-19.
Victims should always attempt to reach their child to confirm their safety and hang up.
- Judge Judy to move her gavel to streaming service IMDb TV
- Playing through! Nearly 10-foot-long alligator strolls across Florida golf course
- Not cooking a bird? Get your deep-fried turkey fix at this fast food joint
- Restaurants, a pool, 1,500 slots, and more: Hard Rock executives detail plans for the old Bristol Mall
- THP: Man killed in crash on I-81 in Greene County