UPDATE (11:15 a.m.) — Gatlinburg police have issued an “all clear” after investigating a call about a suspicious package.
“After it was determined that the suspicious backpack was not a threat, it was discovered that it was left behind by a patron of the business on Sunday evening,” the city said in a press release.
The area surrounding 745 East Parkway has reopened and traffic has returned to normal.
GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — A business is being evacuated while police investigate a report of a suspicious package.
A 300-foot area surrounding 745 East Parkway has been evacuated as a precaution, according to a press release by the city of Gatlinburg.
Police are stationed at the corner of River Road and Maples Lane. The Sevier County Sheriff’s Department bomb squad is en route to the scene.
This is a developing story. We have a crew headed to the scene and will provide updates as they become available.
- Man accused of hitting hotel worker in head with horseshoe, microwaving fire extinguisher
- Fundraising efforts continue for French Broad Veterans Memorial Park
- Talking sustainability on Earth Day with doTERRA
- Simple ways to make Earth Day an every day celebration with Annabelle Gurwitch
- USDA extends free school meals through June 2022