TENNESSEE (WATE) — On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Bill Lee issued Executive Order No. 55 to allow contact sports to resume, as long as they follow requirements from TSSAA.
Non-TSSAA schools will be following equivalent guidelines, and nonschool-sponsored athletics are encouraged to follow the Tennessee Pledge guidelines.
Gov. Lee says that an update to those guidelines will be forthcoming.
- Governor Lee allows county officials to continue to enforce mask mandates if they choose
- Early Voting in Tennessee: More than 44K early votes cast so far in Knox County
- State Department of Health launches new COVID-19 website
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video
- Tennessee factory to become GM’s 3rd electric vehicle plant