TENNESSEE (WATE) — On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Bill Lee issued Executive Order No. 55 to allow contact sports to resume, as long as they follow requirements from TSSAA.
Non-TSSAA schools will be following equivalent guidelines, and nonschool-sponsored athletics are encouraged to follow the Tennessee Pledge guidelines.
Gov. Lee says that an update to those guidelines will be forthcoming.
- Justices overturn Tennessee mail vote expansion for November
- Health officials report COVID-19 exposure at dinner event attended by Hagerty, Sethi
- Tennessee Coronavirus: 1,657 new virus cases send total to 114,098
- Senate GOP foes in Tennessee trade homestretch attacks
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County Health Dept., area hospitals offer cautious optimism with latest numbers