TENNESSEE (WATE) — On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Bill Lee issued Executive Order No. 55 to allow contact sports to resume, as long as they follow requirements from TSSAA.
Non-TSSAA schools will be following equivalent guidelines, and nonschool-sponsored athletics are encouraged to follow the Tennessee Pledge guidelines.
Gov. Lee says that an update to those guidelines will be forthcoming.
- Search suspended for Reelfoot Lake shooting suspect; survivor tells investigators what he witnessed
- Tennessee sports betting tax revenue hits $5.4M in 2 months
- Report: Tennessee needs $58B for infrastructure improvements
- 4 Middle Tennessee health care heroes chosen to attend Super Bowl
- Judge blocks release of mom of ‘Zip Tie Guy,’ orders transfer to DC