GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Great Smoky Mountains National Park reports rangers responded to a fatal motorcycle accident along Newfound Gap Road around 6 p.m. on Saturday.
GSMNP says that a 17-year-old male from Dickson County was traveling north when he lost control of his motorcycle on a curve and veered into oncoming traffic, colliding with a sedan and an SUV.
The motorcyclist died as a result of his injuries.
Rangers and Gatlinburg Fire Department responded, and found the patient unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead at 6:13 p.m.
There were no other injuries reported and no additional information is available at this time.
- Police: Ex-chief targeted foes in string of Maryland arsons
- Zoo Knoxville welcomes new red panda to town
- Kentucky seeking federal help as floodwaters cause damage
- Biden draws ire as border apprehensions spike, migrants test positive for virus in South Texas
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy