GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Great Smoky Mountains National Park reports rangers responded to a fatal motorcycle accident along Newfound Gap Road around 6 p.m. on Saturday.
GSMNP says that a 17-year-old male from Dickson County was traveling north when he lost control of his motorcycle on a curve and veered into oncoming traffic, colliding with a sedan and an SUV.
The motorcyclist died as a result of his injuries.
Rangers and Gatlinburg Fire Department responded, and found the patient unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead at 6:13 p.m.
There were no other injuries reported and no additional information is available at this time.
- 6 Things to Know about Knox County Schools reopening plan
- Emerald Youth Foundation hiring for multiple part-time positions
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new deaths as active cases approach 1,000
- Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’
- Closest images ever taken of the sun released, reveal ‘campfires’ near surface