GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — A Virginia woman died Monday while hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Diana Graves, 67, of Chesterfield, Virginia, was hiking along the Abrams Falls Trail in the Cades Cove area of the park with her family around 1 p.m. when she reportedly experienced a cardiac event. Bystanders immediately performed CPR until park rangers arrived at the scene.
Rangers then took over life-saving efforts but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information was given.
- City finishes work on Cal Johnson Recreation Center
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9-carat diamond at Arkansas park
- Driver abandons puppy in Nashville cul-de-sac, caught on video
- 1st deadly grizzly attack recorded in nation’s largest park
- President Trump holds White House news briefing