GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — A Virginia woman died Monday while hiking in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.
Diana Graves, 67, of Chesterfield, Virginia, was hiking along the Abrams Falls Trail in the Cades Cove area of the park with her family around 1 p.m. when she reportedly experienced a cardiac event. Bystanders immediately performed CPR until park rangers arrived at the scene.
Rangers then took over life-saving efforts but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other information was given.
- Questions arise after Anthony Thompson Jr. seen roaming campus prior to Austin-East shooting; school launches internal investigation
- Hundreds call for justice related to Austin-East shooting, march in community protest in downtown
- Wildfire reported in Cocke County
- TSSAA changes venue of Spring Fling
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill