KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Authorities have released some details in the investigation involving human remains that were found at a private property in Blount County.
The remains were initially discovered on Mel Hall Road last week; the Blount County Sheriff’s Office released the information about the find Wednesday.
BCSO released a photo of what appeared to be a dig site; saying that the body of a man had been buried at the private property for several years. No further details were given.
No missing persons reports with the sheriff’s office match the timeframe.
So if you have any information, you’re asked to call 865-273-5200. Tips can be left anonymously.
- Knox County reports 22nd COVID-19 death in September, 107 new cases & 130 new inactive cases
- No injuries reported in partial collapse of Bristol hotel under construction
- Shelby County Sheriff calls use of new ‘e-shields’ a ‘regrettable mistake’
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups