KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Update (4:20 p.m.): Knoxville Police Department has opened a homicide investigation into a body found in South Knoxville by KCSO on Sunday.
KPD’s Violent Crimes Unit now conducting a homicide investigation after learning that the body of 26-year-old Emanuel Turner was found off of Dick Ford Road on Feb. 23.
According to KPD, through a preliminary investigation, it was determined that Turner was likely murdered in Knoxville city limits and dropped in a wooded area off Dick Ford Road.
If anyone has any information related to the incident, they are urged to call the Crime Hotline at 865-215-7212 or message the KPD on Facebook (@KnoxvillePD). Tipsters can remain anonymous.
Knox County Sheriff’s Office launching an investigation after a dead man was found in a wooded area of South Knox County on Sunday.
The KCSO Major Crimes Unit is investigating, and the body has been transported to the Knox County Medical Examiners Office for an autopsy.
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee reach 94K+
- Report: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson set for charity rematch involving Peyton Manning and Tom Brady
- Tennessee rated a ‘D-‘ in social distancing
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus