KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police reported Tuesday night that James Avenue was closed as Knoxville Fire Department worked an abandoned structure fire.
The fire occurred at a reportedly abandoned structure in the 1000 block of James Avenue.
Crews arrived at the scene of a structure fire around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials saying when crews arrived, they found a boarded-up structure fully engulfed in flames.
KFD reported no injuries.
KPD had James Avenue closed between 4th Avenue and 5th Avenue, and University Avenue is closed between 5th Avenue and Elm Street while crews worked the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Analysts say ‘bankruptcy likely’ for AMC Theaters
- Knoxville hotel distributing hundreds of food bags to laid-off hospitality workers
- Knoxville police say some crime rates down amid the pandemic
- Special ‘Tiger King’ episode hosted by Joel McHale will air Easter Sunday
- Oak Ridge Farmers Market returns this weekend with social distancing precautions