KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police reported Tuesday night that James Avenue was closed as Knoxville Fire Department worked an abandoned structure fire.
The fire occurred at a reportedly abandoned structure in the 1000 block of James Avenue.
Crews arrived at the scene of a structure fire around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials saying when crews arrived, they found a boarded-up structure fully engulfed in flames.
KFD reported no injuries.
KPD had James Avenue closed between 4th Avenue and 5th Avenue, and University Avenue is closed between 5th Avenue and Elm Street while crews worked the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Perseid meteor shower to peak Tuesday night; here’s how to watch
- Dog dies from coronavirus complications, NC health officials say
- TVA board to review CEO pay amid Trump complaint
- Knoxville City Council to consider ordinance for restaurants to serve beer in temporary outdoor seating
- Recall Alert: Four-drawer chests sold exclusively at Kmart for tip-over & entrapment hazards