UPDATE: Billy Ray Hurst was located safely by the Knoxville Police Department.
NEW MARKET, Tenn. (WATE) – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is searching for an elderly missing New Market man who suffers from dementia.
JCSO says that multiple first responders are searching for 74-year-old Billy Ray Hurst in the area of Hinchey Hollow Road in New Market.
Hurst is 5’11”, weighs 162 lbs., has grey hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray shirt and overalls.
Last reported contact Hurst had was with a neighbor asking if he could get a ride to Knoxville. His last known location was West Highway 11 East at Mill Springs Road. Authorities say he was possibly still headed toward Knox County.
If you see Hurst or have any information you’re asked to call 911 or 865-475-6855.
- Next step toward building new animal shelter in Monroe County tabled
- Michigan teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- Coronavirus: KPD informing bars, restaurants about new health regulations
- Sevier County rental cabin fire extinguished before spreading to surrounding woods
- TBI cold case update: Others may have been involved in 2010 murder of Monroe Co. election commissioner