KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox Area Rescue Ministries or KARM and Volunteer East Tennessee are asking for notes to help lift spirits during the coronavirus pandemic.
A lot of people are feeling fear and uncertainty in recent weeks, which can lead to stress.
Local nonprofits are asking those at home to help relieve some of that stress by sending in cards and notes as part of the “Every Bed, Every Day” initiative.
The notes will be given to individuals experiencing homelessness, cared for by KARM.
You can help by sending your card to KARM’s main location on North Broadway:
ATTN: Jo-Ann Hansen
418 N. Broadway
Knoxville, Tenn. 37917
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party