KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — As the coronavirus pandemic continues, it’s more important than ever to appreciate those who are taking care of us.
That is why Wednesday morning, Knoxville Community Development Corporation provided a breakfast for the group’s essential workers.
KCDC provides public housing, and the group’s workers are responsible for the health and well-being of some of the community’s most vulnerable residents during the pandemic.
“It’s easy to feel isolated right now and that’s not just at work, that’s at home or anywhere.”Benjamin Bentley Executive Director KCDC
The breakfast was of course COVID-19 safe with plenty of room for social distancing.
- Local pizzeria to donate all profits from Tuesday through Saturday to Austin-East Magnet High School
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video