KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County Sheriff’s Office reports deputies are investigating a house fire that is being labeled as a possible explosion in the Broadacres Subdivision in Powell.
KCSO’s fire investigators as well as patrol were on the scene Wednesday night investigating with Rural Metro Fire.
Rural Metro Fire reports crews arrived to reports of an explosion on Maida Vale Circle around 6:30 p.m., and as they arrived they found the home completely engulfed in flames.
The home reportedly suffered heavy damage, and one person was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire (and/or explosion) is being investigated by KCSO’s Fire Investigation Unit.
WATE 6 On Your Side has a crew on the way to the scene to learn more.
- VFL Darrell Taylor carted off the field in Seahawks, Steelers game
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Orionid Meteor Shower Peaks This Week Plus The October Full Moon
- Daylight saving time ends soon – here’s when we ‘fall back’
- These types of toys will be hardest to find this holiday season
- Scientists develop new strategy to fight coronaviruses, vaccinate against future pandemics