KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Officers were busy over Memorial Day weekend, with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office says the good news is, there were no fatalities during the holiday time period.
Deputies did make 18 DUI arrests, there were 25 accidents without injuries, and eight of those involved alcohol.
There were three accidents with injuries and one of those involved alcohol.
KCSO issued 755 citations for a variety of offenses during the holiday weekend, which for the sheriff’s department ran from Friday at 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first
- Michigan church linked to at least 58 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- As the 2020 presidential race nears its end, these are key dates ahead of Election Day