KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — On Wednesday, Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs paid a visit to the newly updated West Side Family YMCA, where he jumped right into one of the biggest upgrades.
The Y’s outdoor pool complex is now open after a $4.5 million project to renovate it, along with several of the Y’s buildings.
The renovation project started in 2019.
This YMCA facility has served the community since 1969.
- Lady Irish fall to Hutchison in the Division II-AA State Championship
- KUB’s ‘TeenWork’ program partnering with Austin East High School students to create gun violence awareness PSA
- Diocese of Knoxville issues guidance to Catholics, saying J&J vaccine is acceptable in ‘certain circumstances’
- Lady Vols fall to South Carolina in SEC tournament semifinals, 67-52
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended