KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — On Wednesday, Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs paid a visit to the newly updated West Side Family YMCA, where he jumped right into one of the biggest upgrades.
The Y’s outdoor pool complex is now open after a $4.5 million project to renovate it, along with several of the Y’s buildings.
The renovation project started in 2019.
This YMCA facility has served the community since 1969.
- Who will Biden pick? Democratic lawmakers weigh in on possible VP picks
- Tax-free weekend at restaurants aims to help some hardest hit by COVID-19 pandemic
- Suspect in gruesome Oak Ridge murder charged with rape, kidnapping in 2015
- Lenior City mother of 3 waiting for unemployment benefits, seeking job
- Pres. Trump holds Friday evening briefing