KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County Schools superintendent Bob Thomas says summer athletic activities for all sports will be allowed to start on May 26.
“All activities should follow public health recommendations during the respective phases, including social distancing. TSSAA is recommending that “member schools follow the state and local government along with the CDC and local Health Department guidelines concerning social distancing, understanding that these guidelines will continue to change from county to county and as the summer progresses.”Bob Thomas KCS Superintendent
The TSSAA dead period will start June 22 to July 5.
High school cheerleading tryouts will be held at individual schools in June, and middle school tryouts will be held at the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year.
Additional information will be provided in the future by individual schools.
- Cleanup efforts underway after violent Nashville protest
- PHOTOS: Damage to Metro Courthouse after ‘I Will Breathe’ riots
- Tennessee This Week: A conversation with Sen. Becky Duncan Massey
- Tennessee ends May with 23,006 coronavirus cases
- Sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint