KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Update: The Knoxville Police Department has identified the victim from Saturday night’s deadly shooting.
According to a release from the department, the man has been identified as Newell Lee, 47, of Knoxville.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is urged to call the KPD Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212.
The Knoxville Police Department is investigating a fatal shooting from Saturday night.
According to a news release, officers responded to the call of a shooting victim in the 2300 block of Linden Avenue.
Once they arrived, the report says officers say the found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin the investigation, which remains ongoing at this time.
- Coronavirus in Knox County: Current hospitalizations, deaths, active cases for March
- New state report details misconduct charges against LaFollette Mayor
- Knox County Parks hide-and-seek program could win you free ice cream
- Campbell County Schools to begin vaccinating teachers and staff
- Dispatch: Rockslide in Campbell County impacting traffic on Highway 90