KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE)- Knoxville Police are investigating the death of 42-year-old Mahlon Prater. The incident happened just before 10 p.m. November 1. KPD officers responded to the 900 block of Piney Grove Church Road for a shooting investigation.
When officers arrived EMS responders were attending to Prater who had trauma to his head.
Officers are reporting that the victim was shot. He was transported to the UT Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead from his injuries.
Officers say witnesses told them they heard three to five gunshots and saw a car leaving the scene. The vehicle is believed to be a silver 2012 Ford Fusion driven by a white male.
The investigation is still ongoing and WATE and Knoxville police are asking if anyone knows anything to call Police or Crime-Stoppers.
- Changes to COVID-19 vaccination plan adjusts when 65 and older are eligible; moves up medically fragile, jailers
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits