KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Carjacking suspect arrested after stealing a man’s car at gunpoint in the early hours of Saturday morning, per Knoxville Police Department.
KPD says around 1:15 a.m., officers responded to a carjacking that occurred in the 1300 block of Knotty Pine Way. Officers were told by the victim that an unknown suspect had stolen his car at gunpoint and fled the scene.
Then at around 11:50 a.m. on the same day, officers went to the 3600 block of Lyons Way where the stolen vehicle was located and a male was found matching the description of the suspect.
After a short foot chase, officers arrested 36-year-old Jeromon Lawery with K-9 assistance.
The victim positively identified Lawery from a lineup as the person responsible for the carjacking, and he was charged with carjacking and evading arrest. KPD also says additional charges are pending.
Lawery was also wanted out of Chatham county, Georgia for violation of parole.
- Knox County announces 50th COVID-19 death in November as hospitalizations continue to grow
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- Tennessee reports 6,873 new weekly unemployment claims
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home