KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A Knoxville woman killed in a crash Nov. 21 on I-640 West has been identified by police.
Deborah Hinkin, 52, died at a hospital following the crash near Buffat Mill Road. Police say Hinkin entered the interstate against traffic, traveling east in the westbound lanes. Her vehicle struck another vehicle, which then struck a third vehicle.
Hinkin is the wife of WATE 6 On Your Side Meteorologist Matt Hinkin.
The cause of the crash, and how Hinkin came to be driving the wrong way on the interstate, is still under investigation.
- Former Lake City Middle School football coach faces 9 charges of sexual battery
- Gallery: First-ever UT graduation in Neyland Stadium
- Watch Live: Clergy marches to demand transparency from officials for the killing of Andrew Brown Jr.
- How much money does it take to convince hesitant Americans to get vaccinated?
- Norwegian Cruise Line threatens to skip Florida ports over governor’s order