KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A Knoxville woman killed in a crash Nov. 21 on I-640 West has been identified by police.
Deborah Hinkin, 52, died at a hospital following the crash near Buffat Mill Road. Police say Hinkin entered the interstate against traffic, traveling east in the westbound lanes. Her vehicle struck another vehicle, which then struck a third vehicle.
Hinkin is the wife of WATE 6 On Your Side Meteorologist Matt Hinkin.
The cause of the crash, and how Hinkin came to be driving the wrong way on the interstate, is still under investigation.
- A year after Wuhan lockdown, a world still deep in crisis
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- ADT technician pleads guilty after spying on hundreds of customers for ‘sexual gratification’
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe
- Positively Tennessee: Friends recovering after kidney donation