KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department investigating a shooting in the Fort Sanders area Monday night.
Officers responded to a reported attempted aggravated burglary on the 100 block of James Agee Street just before 7 p.m. on Monday.
Officers spoke to the victim, a 21-year-old male, who stated that two male subjects had attempted to force entry through the back door of the residence. The victim said he fired at least two shots at the suspects in self-defense.
Around that same time, a 27-year-old male matching the description of one of the suspects arrived at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center with at least two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. He was transferred to the UT Medical Center for treatment for injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
It is unknown at this time if the two incidents are connected.
- Kentucky seeking federal help as floodwaters cause damage
- Biden draws ire as border apprehensions spike, migrants test positive for virus in South Texas
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy
- US traffic deaths spike even as pandemic cuts miles traveled
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill