KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department investigating a shooting in the Fort Sanders area Monday night.
Officers responded to a reported attempted aggravated burglary on the 100 block of James Agee Street just before 7 p.m. on Monday.
Officers spoke to the victim, a 21-year-old male, who stated that two male subjects had attempted to force entry through the back door of the residence. The victim said he fired at least two shots at the suspects in self-defense.
Around that same time, a 27-year-old male matching the description of one of the suspects arrived at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center with at least two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. He was transferred to the UT Medical Center for treatment for injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
It is unknown at this time if the two incidents are connected.
- Washington County, Va. murder suspects may be traveling in blue Mitsubishi car
- Knox County demonstrating new election machines; voter registration deadline approaches
- TN Gov. Lee, other governors stress ‘personal responsibility’ over virus orders
- Two suspects captured after reportedly killing Bristol man, burning home to hide body
- Coronavirus in Knoxville: Knox County cases up by 93 to 1,186 — an 8.51% jump