UPDATE: The Knoxville Police Department has released the identities of the two victims shot and killed on Ben Hur Avenue early Sunday morning.
The victims have been identified as 29-year-old Jamaica Greenlee and 48-year-old Robert Andrade.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time. Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Violent Crimes Unit Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department is investigating a shooting that left two people dead, and one injured with non-life-threatening injuries on Ben Hur Avenue overnight.
KPD reports that at around 4:13 a.m. on Sunday, officers were told that a victim had arrived at UT Medical Center suffering from appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries from a gunshot wound.
Officers were told that the shooting possibly occurred in the 600 block of Ben Hur Avenue near Selma Avenue.
Two victims were found and pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD’s Violent Crime Unit and Crime Lab personnel responded to the scene to investigate.
At this time there is no suspect information available.
The identity of the victims is being withheld until next of kin is notified.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
- Unemployment rates rose in most Tennessee counties from September to October
- Narcotics search in Speedwell leads to four arrests
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees