UPDATE: The Knoxville Police Department has released the identities of the two victims shot and killed on Ben Hur Avenue early Sunday morning.
The victims have been identified as 29-year-old Jamaica Greenlee and 48-year-old Robert Andrade.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time. Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Violent Crimes Unit Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department is investigating a shooting that left two people dead, and one injured with non-life-threatening injuries on Ben Hur Avenue overnight.
KPD reports that at around 4:13 a.m. on Sunday, officers were told that a victim had arrived at UT Medical Center suffering from appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries from a gunshot wound.
Officers were told that the shooting possibly occurred in the 600 block of Ben Hur Avenue near Selma Avenue.
Two victims were found and pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD’s Violent Crime Unit and Crime Lab personnel responded to the scene to investigate.
At this time there is no suspect information available.
The identity of the victims is being withheld until next of kin is notified.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
- Newsfeed Now: Officer saves 2-year-old boy; WWII canteen returned to family
- Romney says he won’t block vote on Trump Supreme Court pick
- Anderson County Veterans Day Parade canceled due to COVID-19
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma