UPDATE: The Knoxville Police Department has released the identities of the two victims shot and killed on Ben Hur Avenue early Sunday morning.
The victims have been identified as 29-year-old Jamaica Greenlee and 48-year-old Robert Andrade.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time. Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Violent Crimes Unit Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department is investigating a shooting that left two people dead, and one injured with non-life-threatening injuries on Ben Hur Avenue overnight.
KPD reports that at around 4:13 a.m. on Sunday, officers were told that a victim had arrived at UT Medical Center suffering from appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries from a gunshot wound.
Officers were told that the shooting possibly occurred in the 600 block of Ben Hur Avenue near Selma Avenue.
Two victims were found and pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD’s Violent Crime Unit and Crime Lab personnel responded to the scene to investigate.
At this time there is no suspect information available.
The identity of the victims is being withheld until next of kin is notified.
Anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call Investigator Preston Whillock at 865-215-7315.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor