KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville Police Department Violent Crimes Unit is investigating a shooting after a victim went to Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center for treatment from a gunshot wound.
Around 2:20 a.m. on Sunday, KPD received reports of numerous gunshots in the area of White Ave. between 19th and 20th Street. When they responded, they were not able to find a crime scene, victim, or witnesses.
During their investigation, Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center alerted police a male gunshot victim arrived to the ER for treatment.
Eventually, the crime scene was located on the north and south sides of White Avenue, west of 19th St. The victim told officers he was involved in an altercation at the Shell gas station on Cumberland Ave. before the shooting.
He was taken to UT Medical Center for more treatment.
Right now, it is not known who shot the victim.
We will update you as more information becomes available.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Vol fans gear up for football season; share excitement about first game
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19