KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department welcomed in a new class of recruits Monday morning.
Class 2020-B starting their journey at the Phil Keith Training Facility. Twenty-four recruits and two cadets training to join the force.
They’ll now go through 22 weeks and 880 hours of rigorous training; which is twice the amount required for the Peace Office Standard Training certification in Tennessee.
They’ll be trained in extensively in everything from firearms and criminal justice to ethics and de-escalation.
- Supreme Court will hear ‘Trump too small’ trademark dispute
- Americans are waiting longer and longer to get married
- Show off your best Dolly Parton glam this weekend
- Hormone patches or creams for menopause symptoms may have lower blood pressure risk than pills
- Massive sargassum seaweed bloom takes surprising turn