KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department welcomed in a new class of recruits Monday morning.
Class 2020-B starting their journey at the Phil Keith Training Facility. Twenty-four recruits and two cadets training to join the force.
They’ll now go through 22 weeks and 880 hours of rigorous training; which is twice the amount required for the Peace Office Standard Training certification in Tennessee.
They’ll be trained in extensively in everything from firearms and criminal justice to ethics and de-escalation.
- Josh Dobbs signs one-year deal with Pittsburgh
- Austin-East students to be screened by metal detector wands upon return to in-person class
- Biden seeks GOP input, hopes to reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure package
- Attorney General Merrick Garland honors Oklahoma City bombing victims on 26th anniversary
- Knox County board of health set to hold first meeting in new advisory role April 21