KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police Department responded to railroad tracks near the intersection of Old Broadway Street and Mineral Springs Avenue where a female had been struck and killed by a train.
At around 12:45 a.m. on Saturday, KPD found a female victim who had been struck by a train, and soon after she was pronounced dead at the scene.
After an investigation, foul play was ruled out and the death was determined to be accidental.
The victim’s body was transported to the UT Forensic Center for a complete autopsy.
The identity of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- Kingsport church dedicates service to thanking law enforcement
- Sevierville detectives still searching for person of interest in assault outside Walmart Market in June
- Sevierville Police searching for July 4 vehicle theft suspects
- Charlie Daniels Jr. speaks out on Facebook about death of dad
- Tennessee Coronavirus: No slowdown in growth of virus in state with 954 new cases