LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) — The Loudon County Sheriff’s Office said a man had been hospitalized and a person of interest was in custody for questioning following a shooting in northern Loudon County.
According to LCSO, at approximately 6:22 p.m., LCSO patrol deputies were dispatched to a residence on Ford Road in northern Loudon County after Loudon County E-911 received a call reporting a man had been shot.
Responding deputies found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the yard where the 911 call originated and he was taken to a Knoxville hospital.
LCSO said a person of interest is in custody and being questioned at this time. LCSO’s Criminal Investigation Detectives were on scene and the investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
- Pigeon Forge hotel leaves room empty for repeat Rod Run couple who died
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Border Patrol, small New Mexico town forge strong bond amid migrant crisis
- ‘Pandemic in a pandemic’: New push in Congress aims to prevent health care worker suicides as COVID rages on
- Knoxville area Catholic school champions support behind enrollment boost