LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) — The Loudon County Sheriff’s Office said a man had been hospitalized and a person of interest was in custody for questioning following a shooting in northern Loudon County.
According to LCSO, at approximately 6:22 p.m., LCSO patrol deputies were dispatched to a residence on Ford Road in northern Loudon County after Loudon County E-911 received a call reporting a man had been shot.
Responding deputies found a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the yard where the 911 call originated and he was taken to a Knoxville hospital.
LCSO said a person of interest is in custody and being questioned at this time. LCSO’s Criminal Investigation Detectives were on scene and the investigation into the shooting is ongoing.
- WATCH: Tennessee-bound kangaroo hops to freedom
- Applications open for Boyd Foundation’s Dog Park Dash initiative
- ‘Neanderthal thinking,’ Biden says of ending state mask mandates in Texas, Mississippi
- State fire marshal orders immediate closure of Morristown group home
- Adopted twins separated at birth find each other living just 6 blocks apart