LENOIR CITY, Tenn. (WATE) — A man has been arrested after Lenoir City Police and the 9th Judicial Drug Task Force discovered a large indoor marijuana grow operation when search warrants were executed on Tuesday.
Agents and officers searching two properties: A local residence and business address for 911 W. Broadway and 400 E. Broadway. Drugs were found at both the residence and a local automotive shop.
Police arrested John Nicholas Rebori III. He faces several charges in this case.
The auto shop where the drugs were confiscated from is located directly across the street from a residential area and a popular playground. Residents who live nearby share their shock after finding out what was going on right under their noses.
Elizabeth Mills lives walking distance from the park. “I am shocked and appalled that right across the street from that park and those children, that activity is going on,” she said.
Sandra Jacobs tells us the Lenoir city park is her granddaughter’s favorite place to play, and they visit it together often. “It’s always full when you come through here because all the kids enjoy this park,” Sandra said.
- East TN school districts keeping potential coronavirus impacts on their radar
- The Business Buzz: Fanatic Brewing Company grand opening this weekend
- HCSO: Man charged after biting deputy twice
- Lady Vols take down Ole Miss 77-66 on senior night
- KFC employee in Yadkinville, N.C. tells News Channel 11 she reported possible Evelyn sighting to TBI on Tuesday