KONXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man wanted on attempted murder charges in Los Angeles, Calif. has been arrested in Knoxville on Saturday.
22-year-old Markess Coleman was arrested by KPD around 12:15 p.m. on Saturday.
KPD reporting this past week they learned that the suspect was in Knoxville, and were able to learn that he was in West Knoxville on Gunnison Way.
A search warrant was acquired and on Saturday, KPD executed the warrant finding Coleman, and arresting him without incident.
After searching the residence, officers found three handguns, one assault rifle, and a quarter kilo of white powdery substance, believed to be cocaine and/or fentanyl.
Coleman is awaiting extradition from Los Angeles County in the Knox County Detention Facility.
- Story behind hopeful photo amid tense protests in Oklahoma City
- Rod Rosenstein testifies as Senate Republicans review FBI’s Russia investigation
- 3 men tied to right-wing extremists plotted to terrorize Vegas protests, prosecutors say
- TN Dept. of Education announces $5M in grants to support students with disabilities
- Tennessee black legislative leaders plead with colleagues for racial understanding