KONXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man wanted on attempted murder charges in Los Angeles, Calif. has been arrested in Knoxville on Saturday.
22-year-old Markess Coleman was arrested by KPD around 12:15 p.m. on Saturday.
KPD reporting this past week they learned that the suspect was in Knoxville, and were able to learn that he was in West Knoxville on Gunnison Way.
A search warrant was acquired and on Saturday, KPD executed the warrant finding Coleman, and arresting him without incident.
After searching the residence, officers found three handguns, one assault rifle, and a quarter kilo of white powdery substance, believed to be cocaine and/or fentanyl.
Coleman is awaiting extradition from Los Angeles County in the Knox County Detention Facility.
- Changes to COVID-19 vaccination plan adjusts when 65 and older are eligible; moves up medically fragile, jailers
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits