KONXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man wanted on attempted murder charges in Los Angeles, Calif. has been arrested in Knoxville on Saturday.
22-year-old Markess Coleman was arrested by KPD around 12:15 p.m. on Saturday.
KPD reporting this past week they learned that the suspect was in Knoxville, and were able to learn that he was in West Knoxville on Gunnison Way.
A search warrant was acquired and on Saturday, KPD executed the warrant finding Coleman, and arresting him without incident.
After searching the residence, officers found three handguns, one assault rifle, and a quarter kilo of white powdery substance, believed to be cocaine and/or fentanyl.
Coleman is awaiting extradition from Los Angeles County in the Knox County Detention Facility.
- Lady Vols start slow, finish big with 73-43 win over Tennessee State
- Dairy cow owner reacts to news of Dean Foods bankruptcy filing
- Phillip Fulmer named ‘East Tennessean of the Year’
- State releases updated vaping numbers
- City close to closing on Tennova site, council to vote on future of Tower next week