TENNESSEE (WATE) — Miss Tennessee, Brianna Mason, is donating the gown in which she made history.
Mason is donating her gown from the state competition to the Tennessee State Museum along with a portrait.
Miss Tennessee says that she hopes little girls will come to the museum and reflect on how far we’ve come and look to the future.
It’s been just over a year since Mason became the first African-American to win Miss Tennessee. She is a first grade teacher in Middle Tennessee and a UT Alumna.
- Inmates can get COVID-19 relief money, no matter their offense, judge rules
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital
- Watch: Firefighters rescue burned barn owl from massive California wildfire
- ADHD Awareness month, part 2: Treatments, and managing symptoms
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete