KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Volunteers coming together this weekend in order to give a facelift to a local community center named after Knoxville’s first Black millionaire, Cal Johnson.
People started out bright and early Saturday morning to help paint the center.
2K Foundations and former Lady Vol Candace Parker are sponsoring the new mural.
Cal Johnson was a business leader in Knoxville around the turn of the 20th century.
He was well known for his philanthropic contributions to the city.
While we wait for the big mural reveal, we are told several leaders from the Knoxville community participated in its design.
- Removing brain-eating amoeba from Lake Jackson’s water supply will take time, officials say
- Woman told to forfeit Second Chance Lottery prize after USPS loses certified mail with ticket inside
- Gov. Lee lifts COVID-19 restrictions on businesses, gatherings in 89 TN counties; extends state of emergency
- Democrats debut Spanish ads to rally Hispanic vote for Biden
- COVID-19 cases rising among US children as schools reopen