KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Nearly a billion dollars is sitting around, waiting to be claimed by Tennesseans.
There’s over $976 million in Tennessee’s unclaimed property fund, according to the state Department of the Treasury, and now is the perfect time to see if you have money waiting on you.
The Tennessee Treasury collects millions of dollars in unclaimed property each year and 1 in 10 Americans has money waiting to be claimed.
- Democrats want to eliminate qualified immunity doctrine
- Humane Society of Tenn. Valley settling cats vs. dog debate with fundraiser
- Knoxville Police Department says it adheres to most policies of the ‘8 Can’t Wait’ project
- Last chance to get Girl Scout cookies Saturday at drive-thru booth
- FOLLOW: Coverage of the ‘I Can’t Breathe’ march at World’s Fair Park