KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville community came together to raise nearly $200,000 in just 24 hours.
December 1 was Giving Tuesday, a day to give back to charities and nonprofits nationwide.
The city made it easy to give back, with one website to reach dozens of charities across East Tennessee.
The total, $194,000 raised for 97 different organizations, 1,200 people helped reach that amount.
Something to note, this year’s total reached $30,000 over last year’s The Big Give event.
- Local pizzeria to donate all profits from Tuesday through Saturday to Austin-East Magnet High School
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video